How to submit:
- Please send 1-3 of your unpublished poems to Kate Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send them in the body of an email, or a Word document – please do not send PDFs.
- Please, please check your work for typos and spelling mistakes.
- Please also include a short (no more than 100 words) third-person bio – as factual or funny as you like.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed once again, but PLEASE remember etiquette surrounding these: let me know ASAP if your work is accepted elsewhere first, and if I accept your work first, please withdraw it from other markets.
- I don’t like to be strict with line limits, but I’d say if your poem is longer than 3 pages, you can try us, but we might not be the right place for it.
- There is no specific theme or poetic style. Just send me your gut-stabbing or tear-jerking or I-can’t-breathe-from-laughing words. If you need an idea of what we like, what you should send, check out our Rogues’ Gallery, and read back issues.
- I only ask for one-time rights – once your work has appeared in Picaroon Poetry, you can do what you want with it. But giving us a credit would be nice.
- I look forward to reading your work!